Michael Espositio Biography
Michael Andrew Esposito was born in Gary, Indiana in 1964. He is a descendant of Alfred Vail who invented the Morse Code and several early telegraph devices with his partner Samuel Morse. The invention of the telegraph sparked the spiritualist movement of the middle 1800s and the telegraph was used in spirit communication. Another ancestor, Jonathan Harned Vail was office manager and assistant to Thomas Edison. In his later years, Edison attempted to develop a device for communicating with the dead. Michael studied communication theory at Purdue University, University of Notre Dame, American University in Cairo, Egypt and Governor’s State University. During the Gulf War Michael was a Psy-ops officer in Iraq.
Over the years, under the Phantom Airwaves institution, Michael has participated in hundreds of paranormal investigations all over the world. He has conducted extensive research at many active locations and has developed a great deal of unique theory and devised many unique experiments within the field of EVP. Focusing primarily on EVP research, he has collected tens of thousands EVPs and video. He has had numerous television, radio and newspaper appearances.
Michael lectures and researches extensively throughout North America and Europe. His work is often found in conjunction with experimental and sound artists from Europe and the U.S.
Working extensively with EVP’s relationship to experimental music, Michael combines EVP with field recording and related frequency tones of research sites. Michael is currently published by Touch (UK).
Bio from Wikipedia
Links of Interest
- Michael Esposito Discography
- WFMU Blog Interview of Michael Espositio
- Recording Voices of the Dead With Michael Esposito
- A Forgotten History: Alfred Vail and Samuel Morse
- Phonographies – Voices from a Spirit Trumpet
- Carl Michael von Hausswolff website – (Wikipeda page) – EVP and Sound artist – 1/2 of managing team of Friedrich Jürgenson Foundation.
- Friedrich Jürgenson – Book – “Voice transmissions with the Dead” – (Wikipedia page on his life)
- Jana Winderen – Experimental Music – Her website.
- Emmanuel Swedenborg – Wikipedia
- Bogoras and Chukchee Siberean Expedition – Spirit Voice testimony – 1897-1902 Jesup Expedition.
- The Vatican and the Chronovisor – A time machine at the Vatican
- Father Francois Brune and EVP at the Vatican
- Spirit Trumpets and Camp Chesterfield
- Reverse Speech Phenomena – Wikipedia article
- The Sallie House – Atchison, Kansas – Incredibly haunted house
- Jana Winderin and Michael Esposito – “You are not Alone II” recording/music track.
- Jana Winderin and Michael Espositio – “Submerged” hydrophone recording session – Additional link – Images from lake where hydrophone/evps captured as described by Michael during our interview.
- Phantom Shirt Yard EVPs from Underwater Disaster Site – Recordings by Michael.
- Michael Espositio EVP Conference lecture – Part 1
- Michael Esposito & CM Von Hausswolff – EVP Narration (2009)
- William S Burroughs Lecture on EVP, “cut ups”, EVP, Paranormal
- CLP Clipping Hip-Hop Music Video with EVP from Michael Esposito
Books and Authors mentioned by Michael Esposito during the interview
- Microsound – by Curtis Rhodes – (at Amazon)
- Cattle Mutilation books by Christopher O’Brien (Amazon)
- Finnegan’s Wake – by James Joyce (Archive.org) – Free book – Public Domain